Monday, September 14, 2009

8 Year and 3 days ago

Two events happened, one changed the world as a whole and the other changed my world. Both have shaped me into the woman I am today. When the towers fell my soul ached and my chest was tight. My family did not loss anyone that day, but the pain for the families that did. It still over whelms me. I can't imagine the nightmares of the people who survived or the first responders. A friend once described how the day went for her, being in the area that day she has memories that would send me hiding under the covers. I heard the events hundreds of miles away on a radio and later watched in horror at work. I think of the brave and honorable men and women aboard the planes, how those last moments must of been for them...

That day was also the first date I ever had with my now husband. It had taken him weeks to get me to agree to do out with him, so he pushed for us to follow through with our plans. I remember every second of that day and our date. The horrible feeling of being helpless and alone in the morning and the hope that I wasn't alone after all in the evening. I know it's one of the oddest ways to start a relationship, 9/11/01 is a day that will forever be honored in my heart. For the loved ones lost and the love found.

No comments:

Post a Comment