Monday, July 12, 2010

So... I'm a Crazy Person.

I'd like to say, I'm surprised, but I don't believe in lying to myself.

The last few months have been hard. Our therapy schedule has changed slightly, not the level of therapies just hours of when they happen. There are comments here and there about when school starts and losing therapist. I am so not ready for this. My oldest going to kindergarten, that we have sort of eased into, I think I can handle that. But the Princess starting school this year also.I might as well put my heart in their backpacks and send it off with them everyday.

Kindergarten, oh boy is he ready. Thankfully, I can say, I'm ready too. Pre-K was wonderful for both of us. He was able to get a small taste of what a classroom is like and I was able to take a baby step into the world of not having him with me all the time. I will admit, I'm the kind of person that wants to know what happened every second of my children's lives. Yes, I feel sorry for them too. However, they will just have to learn to live with it. The big little guy has been ready to shake me off for months. Every once in awhile it hits him that kindergarten will be most of the day, this is a fact that I have not missed.

The Princess and school is what sends me into a panic. She's not talking enough to tell us how her days goes. She will be in a school that is 20 minutes away and will have to take a bus to get there. When she was born, I saw us playing dress up and dolls while the big little guy was at school. Tea parties and baking cakes until he came home. That was the dream that was supposed to start this September. Clearly I have issues letting go. We have known for quite some time that our Princess is so much more tom boy and not into those type of things. She'd rather draw, play with play-doh, rough house, play with cars or attack her brothers. Instead of dream land we will be sending her off to a school for autistic children, on a bus and when she comes home she will still have more therapies in home. When we will be together as a family, I don't know. It hurts to think about.

The slight upside is that the little little man and I will have lots of time to play. The down side of that is that he is already a very clingy guy and I'm afraid the one on one time will only make it worse. Can we just freeze time and prevent fall from coming. Don't even get me started on the possibility that my two school-agers will start on the same day and the same time. Yep, heart in the back pack...

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you. I never imagined sending my small child to school when he was barely 3 (he'll actually be just shy of 3 when he starts). It's scary given the limited speech and how he is very set in his ways. (((((HUGS))))) We'll get through this and they'll be all the better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't even think of that day - I will have both leaving at the same time and no one left to play with!

    ReplyDelete