Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgivings Done!

And I feel the need to pat myself on the back. It was our first year hosting and a year of other first. For starters we put our Christmas tree up Thanksgiving morning, in years past it waited until December. I'm wondering if it's too late to take it back down and put it back up on Christmas eve. With three small children what were we thinking about putting it up so early?

It was also the first time I cooked for my ILs and my first turkey. It all turned out ok, the potatoes reminded me of glue so when people didn't eat them, I didn't mind. It was also the first time I used the fancy new tart pan for an apple pie. Well the pie was beautiful, but it was huge and I didn't adjust the back time well enough. Lesson learned for next time.

One lesson I learned was, if you buy the turkey with the button that pops out when the turkey is done, trust the darn button. The turkey turned out golden brown and juicy, but there was a whole debate about weather we trust the button or the meat thermometer. Turns out we put the thermometer in the wrong spot. Oops, second lesson learned.

1 comment: