Friday, October 9, 2009

I'm no Super Mom

I'm only doing what needs to be done for our kids. Our son goes to a half day pre k class. He likes it, has fun so it's worth it to drive him, sometimes with his brother and sister in tow. Apparently, I'm being viewed as a super Mom for doing what needs to be done. He needs to get to school to keep his spot and our other kids sometimes have to be dragged along. It happens, I assume it happens a lot to family with young kids close in age. So when the other Moms say things like "wow just looking at you makes me tired" or " you are super Mom" it makes me uncomfortable. Super Mom is the woman who makes her kids Halloween costumes, bakes from scratch and always has happy, smiling kids. She is full of grace and warmth. So far I've.. um my kids kinda smile.

2 comments:

  1. It makes me uncomfortable too, because I never know if someone is saying it and meaning it or making fun because you are doing the things that you want to do. BUT! I think every Mom has some supermom in them, including you! Everyone does a little extra each day, and the fact that you view it as what you should be doing for your children, that alone makes you a super Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that every mom is super mom in some aspect. We all have it in us it's just a matter of others seeing it.

    ReplyDelete