Thursday, January 28, 2010
I Shoveled Away My Worries
We had the prefect storm. Hubs was too sick to leave the house, we got a good snow fall and we had therapist on the way. Hubs woke me up at 7:30 to tell me that he had called into work and was most clearly sick. We talked about the large amount of snow that had fallen overnight. I jumped out of bed and started to get dress, all the kids were still in bed at this point. I decided to head out and clear a walk way for the therapist. As soon as I opened the back door, my plan changed. I cleared the back walk way and the side of the house that leads to our back door. Then cleared a path to the car and headed to the end of the drive way to find roughly 8 inches of snow. I knew from where I had already shoveled, that we had a fair amount of snow. But it didn't hit me until I saw the different between the street level and the top of the snow. I dug out the end of the drive way and stopped at the side walk. I decided to clear our side walk before doing the walk way and it felt great. With each shovelful a weight was lift off of me. I thought about my children, husband, and God. I felt so good that I did the sidewalk of our neighbors on both sides of our house before starting the walk way for our therapist. While doing the therapist walk way up to the door it occurred to me that the shovelfuls varied in weight, some where heavier then they looked and others were lighter then they seemed. Much like the worries in my life. Some are heavy and others so light they almost seem silly. By the time I got to the stairs leading to the front door the wind started to pick up. God telling me it was time to get inside or at least that's how I took it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are pretty amazing Danielle. You have a great amount of insight and I love reading your thoughts. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteI love that analogy!!! When I do outside work, it really does let me think and sort through problems. I think that is God at work!
ReplyDelete