Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Joy and Heartache
Standing in the kitchen with my hubby looking down on our youngest, hubs asks the baby to clap. With a big proud smile he does so. I wave and he waves back. I don't know if I should be happy or sad. Happy to see our baby grow and be so "normal" or sad because these skills he's showing off so proudly are struggles for our daughter. We still cheer and comment every time she does it. I've told therapist (this week) that she was waving a lot. Yesterday when we were all sitting around together (okay not all of us, baby, daughter and I) the baby clapped and I cheered so our daughter clapped and I cheer again. In many ways the baby is helping our daughter develop and grow, he's 22 months younger then her and in some areas they are on the same level. It's so hard to see as a Mom, to watch him pass her is ripping me apart. Do I partake in the joy or allow my heart to feel the sadness? I knew these days were coming, I just wish that our daughters progress was more pronounced.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am amazed by your blog entries - I think you are an awesome mom!
ReplyDelete