If you're ever taught your child a new skill, you know the excitement and overwhelming joy that comes when they do it themselves the first time. Now imagine that your child is delayed in developing new skills. This delay multiplies the excitement when the skill is finally expressed and it plants a seed of wonder. Wonder if you'll ever see that skill again, because you've seen skills disappear before.
For us this is life, one day we are overjoyed by something so minor for a "normal" child and the next we are left wondering if it was just a flicker of who she might be inside. Today is a day filled with joy and I will not let what tomorrow might be take that from me. Today she touched my eye, then her eye and said "eye". Today she made the connection that I have an eye just like hers and that we call those our eyes. Today I know she's been paying attention and she is learning. Today is a wonderful day!
YEAH! So glad to read about such a great day!
ReplyDelete