Because I could swear I pulled it all out earlier in the store. Yes brave mother that I am took two of my three children to the store. The boys and I had a lovely outing, we dropped off a carpet cleaner to my sister and played around in the car before it all went horribly down hill at the store. When my four year old was sitting in the chair whining about how he didn't want to go in and he'd wait in the car. That was my clue, put the baby back in his seat, turn on the car and drive home as fast as legally possible. Did I listen? Of course not, this store is 15 minutes away, I was there in the parking lot, dang it I was shopping weather or not he liked it! This all sounded great in my head. I found one of those horrible firetruck carts and used it to lure the little monster... I mean dear one out of the car. We make it into the store, I have the baby in the sling, monster in the front of the cart.
Second clue to just give up was rearing it's ugly head with the joyful reaching out of the front of the cart to grab things off the shelf. After repeating "stop it your going to get hurt" a few times I took to driving dangerously close to the shelves half hoping he'd get a good smack and that I was going too fast for him to target something to grab. We make it down half the store and he was still in the cart. Then I had to stop for a look-e-loo and it happened! He jumped for his safe little car and started to demand koolaid. I made it pretty clear he could whine all he wanted it I was not buying koolaid. The looks start, who is this mean mom who won't let her child have koolaid, it's not that bad for him. The fight really starts, he refuses to walk away and won't stay in the cart. Carrying him is not a choice as I have the baby in the sling. I pull him away from there and do some more shopping now trying to get quickly through the store with my monster cart.
The third clue was the breaking point. We came up to the clothes section, I decide to look for girls Yankees outfits because our daughter doesn't have hers yet. I might as well of sent him an invitation to act like a monkey! He shot out of the cart and darted into the rakes hanging on them whenever possible. He decides hiding in them will be fun, I walk away. I'm past the point of seeing red and need to make him think I'm leaving him. I walk away and he watches me, I need to go someplace he can't see me. I walk over an aisle, I hear him crying so I think "Oh good, he's ready to listen" I go back for him and he refuses to come out. I walk away again, he cries hard, I go back again this time I'm done. So over this behavior. I tug the clothes apart and put my hand out for him to come out. No, I grab his arm to pull him out and the real battle starts. Please remember my youngest is still strapped to my chest so carrying oldest is not that easy of an idea. Add in that he is using the dead weight flaying fish approach with me. I leave the cart there I'm not going to try to put him back in it and putting things away is not high on my to due list. I need to get this kid out and fast. The trouble we're in the middle of the store, a huge box store! I try getting him to walk, no go, I try dragging, no go, I try picking him up and carrying him on my hip, no go, finally I got him up on my shoulder. Yes my 45lbs 4 year old toddler up over my shoulder like I'm a fireman. There's a picture for you, don't forget the baby and bag. We finally make it to the car. I'd love to say we got to the car we both relaxed and drove home happy. But I will not tell a lie. Getting him in his seat is where I lost most of my hair today. But hey I don't need a gym!
Isn't that how it ALWAYS goes?! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteOh my! I'm stressed just reading this!!!!
ReplyDelete